Business Etiquette Certification
Step 1: Resources
Please review each of these resources thoroughly to prepare for the quiz at the end of this page.
Step 2: Questions
Handshakes are a big part of first impressions. Ideally, the handshake should not be remembered for anything other than being strong and professional.
Have you ever used one of these handshakes or has someone give you one?
Can you think of other bad business handshakes?
What are some things considered to be standard good workplace etiquette?
- Being a good example
- Not engaging in workplace drama- talk on the phone to solve problems not via e-mail or text
- Communicating respectfully – including volume and tone
- Following good hygiene habits and dressing professionally
- Showing up on time
- Understanding your work instructions
- Doing the work
- Following through
- Staying off your cell phone
Watch the Video!
Adjust the volume or pause the video to meet your needs.
Step 3: Exercise
This puzzle contains significant hints for the final quiz!
1. The ability to perceive work in a p....... way is an ingredient for successful business etiquette.
2. Business Etiquette is a set of m.......
3. You can show professionalism by avoiding work place d.....
Step 4: Summary
- The ability to present yourself as a professional.
- The ability to perceive the work in a positive way.
- Workplace dress is dependent on where you are working and the image you want to project.
- People make a judgement about you within the first 7 seconds of meeting you.
- That does not leave a lot of time for mistakes.
- Show up on time
- Dress professionally
- Don’t engage in drama
- Understand your work instructions
- Do the work
- Follow through
- Stay off your cell phone