Equity and Inclusion Certification
Step 1: Resources
Please review each of these resources thoroughly to prepare for the quiz at the end of this page.
Step 2: Questions
Reflect on the two images:
What is the difference between equality and equity?
Can you think of a situation where you were not treated in an equitable way?
How did it feel?
When you think of wealth what associations do you make?
Are those associations always accurate?
Explicit Bias – Attitudes and beliefs we have about a person or group on a conscious level. Much of the time these biases and their expression arise as the direct result of a perceived threat.
Implicit Bias – Unconscious attitudes and associations.
Watch the Video!
Adjust the volume or pause the video to meet your needs.
Step 3: Exercise
This puzzle contains significant hints for the final quiz!
1. Equity and inclusion is important to e....... because it affects all of our lives.
2. Leaders have to be i........ to have an inclusive culture.
3. F......... is the first stage of inclusion.
Step 4: Summary
- Fairness and impartiality towards all concerned, based on the principles of evenhanded dealing. Equity implies giving as much advantage, consideration, or latitude to one party as it is given to another
- Feeling respected, valued, and seen for who we are as individuals
- It affects all of our lives
- It is about reaching our collective potential
- It can make us happier
- It is about what we are trying to achieve in the world
- Initiation process
- Group composition
- Care – helping, charity
- Equals and friendship