Leadership Skills Certification
Step 1: Resources
Please review each of these resources thoroughly to prepare for the quiz at the end of this page.
Step 2: Questions
Watch the video and reflect on the following questions.
Who was the leader in the video?
Did he have any legitimate authority?
Was he from the city or the police?
Why did people follow him?
Watch the video and reflect on how the dancing man starts a movement.
Leaders make themselves visible
Leaders do something that is easy to follow
Leaders must invite followers and treat them as equals
The first follower must be brave enough to stand with the lone nut
Watch the video.
Reflect on how Jack Black leads the students. What did he do to start a movement with the students?
Watch the Video!
Adjust the volume or pause the video to meet your needs.
Step 3: Exercise
This riddle contains important clues for the final quiz!
1. Modeling the b......... you want to see helps make an effective leader.
2. Leaders must be visible, do something easy to follow, invite followers and treat them as equals in order to start a m.......
3. To lead effectively in d...... settings, you need to be able to adapt to differences.
Step 4: Summary
- Anyone can learn to be a leader
- Leaders can look and lead very differently
- Effective leaders know how to influence others and do not require titles or positions of authority.
- The ability to guide others without force into a direction or decision that allows them to feel empowered and accomplished.
- Making themselves visible
- Inviting followers
- Treating followers as equals
- Be respectful and open
- Value diversity
- Seek out other cultures
- Be curious and aware of your own ignorance
- Suspend criticism of other cultures
- View differences as learning opportunities