Introduction to Hospitality Management
Step 1: Resources
Please review each of these resources thoroughly to prepare for the quiz at the end of this page.
Step 2: Questions
Customers today expect easy solutions to their problems. How do these changes in technology affect hospitality?
Why do you think it is Important To Continuously Evolve in The Hospitality Industry?
Watch the Video!
Adjust the volume or pause the video to meet your needs.
Step 3: Exercise
This puzzle contains significant hints for the final quiz!
1. Empathy and ....... Intelligence are one of five essential skills of hospitality management
2. COGS Stands for Cost of ....... Sold
3. Both customers and businesses can benefit from improved communication, ......... and guest service systems.
Step 4: Summary
- Merriam Webster’s Dictionary defines hospitality as, “generous and friendly treatment of visitors and guests or hospitable treatment.”
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence
- Team Work
- Stress and Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Strategy and Innovation
- For restaurants, cost of goods sold (COGS) is one of the most important things to measure. Put simply, it’s how much it costs you to produce a menu item. COGS is important because it’s tied directly to your profit margins, revenue and inventory management.
- Both customers and businesses can benefit from improved communication, reservations, and guest service systems. Technology has helped tourism and hospitality industries replace expensive human labor with technological labor. This helps reduce labor costs, but also helps avoid customer service issues.
- Examples Include
- Smart Guest Experiences
- Big Data Protection
- Smart Reserve Parking
- Remote Check in/out
- Mobile Room Keys
- Smart Room Service
- On-ling Reputation Management