Collaboration, Cohesion and Trust
Step 1: Resources
Please review each of these resources thoroughly to assist you with completing your Action Worksheet
Step 2: Questions
Reflect on the following:
Think about your own team and what makes your team powerful? What aspects could work better?
How might your team maintain transparent communication?
Think about a workplace ritual you have participated in at work in the past? How did you know if it was successful or not?
Think of a tradition that your team might implement.
Reflect on the Following Questions:
Have you ever had your trust compromised?
Based on the formula, what caused your trust to be compromised?
Note the multiplier:
How many times does it take for you to build or redevelop trust?
Watch the Video!
Adjust the volume or pause the video to meet your needs.
Step 3: Exercise
1. Think about a workplace ritual that could bring your team closer.
It has to cost less than $100 and requires less than an hour to organize.
Think about an artifact that could be incorporated. Ex: Trophy, Sash.
The Team member(s) of significance for the month gets to have the artifact on their desk.
2. Complete the quiz below!
Step 4: Summary
- Gather based on shared values though: collaboration, leading at all levels and empowering others to give candid feedback
- Set time and place to communicate and none work activities
- Create traditions Ex.“Weeny Wednesday’s” where each team makes hotdogs as a united way fundraiser
- Transparent Communication
- Poor team selection
- Not knowing who is on the team or should be
- Not setting clear direction about what the team is supposed to be doing
- Team not recognized for good work
- Teams that are too big
- Teams get to comfortable with each other and accept falsehood
- Handle differences in a productive way
- Agree to disagree with team mates and use systems to move forward
- Use systems to resolve conflict effectively
- Embrace fiction from other backgrounds
- Respect others strengths and weaknesses
- Interact with teammates in a positive way
- Share a vision
- Allocate time for your team mates
- Be transparent
- Encourage each other to give suggestions
- Be a good teammate
- Be a trustworthy person
- Help hold others accountable
- Are people looking forward to this activity?
- Is there more energy in the team (e.g. more emojis, gifs, chat messages used) after we take part in the ritual?
- Do people feel better about themselves after participating in a ritual?
Step 5: Action Worksheet
Complete the Action Worksheet and submit a copy to your supervisor.